Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ninjas in the Living Room

Today was an interesting day.  I fell on the ice this morning, while carrying Libby (1 yr.) to the car.  I tried to cushion her fall, but she ended up bumping her head and scratching her nose and upper lip on the pavement.  ARGH!!! 

After work, I had to take Libs to a well-baby appointment in Fort Recovery.  All went well there, but on the way home, the SUV stalled out on me.  I couldn't get it started, so I called Doug.  When he came to pick me up, he parked behind me.  I hopped into his van and watched him try to get the SUV started.  As I watched him, I was feeling cold, so I turned the heater on in the van.  Smoke started coming from the van's hood.  I decided to turn off the heater and pretend that I didn't just see that happen.  After trying to get it started for a while, Doug gave up and hopped in with me.  As we're driving off, leaving the SUV in the dust, he says "You know, you're parked in a NO Parking zone, we'll probably get a ticket."

When we got back home, I hopped in the shower to de-stress and Doug left with my dad to go back and tow the SUV to the service station.  While this was happening, Rachel and Chloe were in the bathroom cleaning marbles. (I know, something kids do every day, right?)  As soon as I got out of the shower, they informed me that they were cleaning their marbles in the sink and the drain came out.  I informed them that this wasn't the smartest thing to do.  But then I later apologized and reminded them that I also have done a lot of "stupid" things.  So, for the next half hour, I thought up every tool I could think of to get the marbles out of the drain BEFORE Doug got home.  I got all of them out, except for 1.  I don't think it'll cause a huge problem to leave it like that for a little bit, so I'll wait till tomorrow to tell Doug about that one.  Poor guy!

You might be wondering why I called this post "Ninjas in the Living Room".  As the evening was winding down and I was finally getting the house in order, Holly put on Doug's ski mask, and the other kids tied scarves around their faces and put on black gloves.  It was a Ninja Showdown in the living room.  I was thinking to myself, "A good mom would probably not let her children do this.  Someone is going to get hurt."  But then again, "What the hey!"  A few power kicks, karate chops, and "He-yah! He-yah's!" was just what I needed to get out of the funk I was in. 






No comments:

Post a Comment