Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pink Streak

So we've been going through Spring/Summer clothes, which the girls get so excited about.  I pull out Holly's tub, which has 2 tutus (one black, one pink) with LOTS of fluff, sparkles, and frill.  

I know once she sees them that she will be thrilled and want to wear them to school tomorrow.  


So we have this conversation about how tomorrow is a gym day - tennis shoes. Holly knows this and hears me say it 3 more times.  I guess she never heard me say "Not tomorrow, it's a gym day."  Actually, she has selective hearing.  She only hears what she wants to hear.  She might get some of that from her mother, and maybe some of that from her father.


It's Thursday morning... GYM day.  I'm getting ready for work and we're ready to head out the door.  I'm thinking, "Where's Holly?"  As I sit on the couch, I notice a flash of pink run past the doorway in my bedroom.  "Holly?"  No answer.  "Holly, answer me."  "You're gonna yell at me."  Okay, so now I know, she is definitely wearing the tutu.  "I know what you're wearing.  Come out here."  Pink tutu, pink tennis shoes, and too-tight pink T-shirt.  I'm thinking, We need to leave.  How badly do I want to do this battle?  So I compromise.  "Ok, you can wear the tutu with the tennis shoes, but you have to get a different shirt."  She's happy.  I'm happy.  We're actually NOT late!  


Now all I have to worry about is another battle, very soon, as I obviously did not stick to my guns this time.  Oh...



No comments:

Post a Comment