Tonight I was talking to a mom who seemed very frustrated. She had a rough day. She had a to-do list a mile long and nothing seemed to go right from the get go. Her kids would usually nap well for her, and of course, today they didn't. I could see myself in her. She was so frustrated, tired, and wondering if she'd ever get back to feeling like herself again. She's nursing a baby yet, and she was worrying about her post-pregnant figure. Don't we all? After she had finished nursing her first child, she was just beginning to feel herself again and she found she was pregnant again.
Been there.
And I get it.
I had two thoughts for her. First. You are beautiful. None of us feel that we are after having been through close pregnancies and never getting back down to the size we were when we started. Then we fear that it just might not be possible anymore. But as I stood there, I kept thinking, you are beautiful. You just don't know. There is a different kind of beauty that you have when you are a mother. The way you love, sacrifice, and give, that makes you so much more beautiful than you'll ever be without having done so. I look at moms around me and I'm in awe. There's a real beauty there. And you can't get it by standing in front of a mirror.
The second thought for her was.... It will be better tomorrow. I know you have days when you feel like you've accomplished nothing, or nothing you did really mattered. It did. The diapers you changed, the hug you shared, the "good morning, I'm so happy to see you" smile, the clothes you washed, the books you read, the meals you prepared. It matters. And tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow you just might have a chance to notice those perfect little hands, kiss that soft cheek, and thank God for the blessings He gave you.
No comments:
Post a Comment