I said, "Why didn't you just tell me that?" He said, "If you would've walked out and seen that thing, you would've screamed so loud you would've woke the neighbors." Yeah - thank God he was home.
I'm now thinking to myself. How the heck did that thing get in here? And will there be more? He says to me, "It probably came up from the basement. The door was partly open." Which reminds me of a time that I went downstairs to do laundry at 1:30 in the morning and something flies right past my head. I screamed and went up to wake up Doug. We never did find that one. Thank God our washer and dryer are upstairs now. But, now I'm uneasy thinking about how 1 got in the house. Doug's secretly happy, because there was something flittering in our bedroom walls since we moved here 7 years ago. I used to wake up in the middle of the night to find my husband throwing shoes at the ceiling. Like... what is that going to do???
So we both go back to bed and I'm thinking about this whole thing... Doug yelling "Don't come out of there, Lori!" and then running around the living room trying to get it just like John Candy. And I just start laughing. The whole bed was shaking. This life.... never a dull moment.
Made me laugh out loud :)
ReplyDelete