Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Tooth Fairy

I was just wondering.  Who invented the whole Tooth Fairy thing?  I'm certain that it wasn't someone with children.  You see, I have six children, and each of those six children have many teeth.  Santa comes once a year...the Easter Bunny comes once a year, but the Tooth Fairy...oh my goodness! 

I came home from school on Wednesday, and Chloe is waiting at the door, pointing to the new hole in her mouth.  How exciting.... now I have to remember the darn dollar!  I woke up on Thursday morning at 6:00 a.m. and what was the first thing that popped into my brain, "Oh my gosh!  I forgot!"  So now I have a dilemma.  It's almost time for them to wake up.  Do I go up there and try to sneak it under the pillow, or do I just tell her that the Tooth Fairy forgot.... again.  Well, I definitely don't want her to think the Tooth Fairy is unreliable, so I sneak up the stairs.  I trip over something lying on the floor, well actually, I trip over multiple things lying on the floor, but only one made a very loud clanging sound.  I'm almost there... I reach under the pillow and...2 heads pop up!  Quick, take the tooth, throw the dollar, get out of there as fast as you can.  It was dark.  I can only hope I won't get any puzzled looks in about an hour when it's time for them to wake up. 

Sure enough, I'm getting ready for work, and Chloe comes in.  "Mom... I felt a hand when the Tooth Fairy came, and I never felt a hand before."  I'm thinking up a good lie, but first I'm going to wait to see how suspicious she really is...."Well, Chloe, what do you mean?"  "I felt a hand".  "Did you get any money?"  "Yes."  "Was the tooth gone?"  "Yes."  As you can see I'm not getting much, so it's obvious I'm going to have to tell a lie.... "Well, Chloe, I know what you are talking about...I realized that you never showed me your lost tooth, and I really wanted to see it, so I went upstairs to take a peek, but the Tooth Fairy already came, so I never got to see it!"  She laughs and walks away.  "Pheww!"

2 comments:

  1. Lori I have found it much easier to leave the tooth in a baggie in the kids bathroom at night and then the tooth fairy replaces it with the money by morning. What a better place to find it than where they need to go in morning to clean their teeth. I tell the boys that's where it goes cause the tooth fairy wants to check on their brushing habits also when she visits. So while bringing money she also checks their tooth brush and amount of toothpaste left to see if it needs replaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good idea! I guess I should remember... I can modify these things if they don't work for me.

      Delete